September 19, 2014
  About Us
  Our Exhibits
  Our Sites
  Programs & Events
  Archives
  Databases
  Getting Here
  Partnerships

  Back



S
M
T
W
T
F
S
click month for summary
This Day in History

1872 - Ridgeway Memorial United Church has its inaugural service in its new building at the corner of Ridge and Dominion Roads. (FEHM Files, United Church)

1898 - The Bridgeburg Public Library subscribers apply to incorporate under the Public Libraries Act. (Marguerite A. Raymond, Tales of the Old Town, Fort Erie Historical Museum, 1990, p. 162)

1955 - Fort Erie Council gives verbal approval to the idea of women volunteering as school crossing guards. (Times-Review, Sept. 23, 1965)


Many Voices II:
A Collective History of Greater Fort Erie

Would you like to learn more about Fort Erie's history? Enjoy the most comprehensive history of our area and find out why it is a Canadian bestseller . For more information please click the photo below.


CONTACT INFO
To contact our staff, please click here.
  • Fort Erie Historical Museum
    402 Ridge Rd. P.O. Box 339
    Ridgeway, Ont. L0S 1N0
    (905) 894-5322
    f: (905)894-6851
    e: museum@forterie.on.ca

    Admission by donation

    Hours
    June to August: 7 days a week, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
    September to May: Sunday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

  • Fort Erie Railroad Museum
    400 Central Ave. (N. of Gilmore)
    Fort Erie, Ont.
    (905) 871-1412 or 894-5322 off-season

    Admission by donation

    Hours
    June to August: 7 days a week, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
    Sept. to May: closed

  • Ridgeway Battlefield Site
    Hwy 3 (Garrison Rd.) east of Ridge Rd.
    Ridgeway, Ont.
    (905)894-5322

    Outdoor site that can be viewed anytime. Free admission.
  •  Health & Wellness
     EDTC
     Fort Erie Public Library
     Friendship Trail
     Regional Niagara
     Town of Fort Erie
     YourNiagara.ca
    Fort Erie
    The Weather Network
    The Weather Network